Nutella Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup applesauce or mashed banana (120g)
- 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread or Homemade Healthy Nutella (60g)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (4g)
- packed 1/3 cup dried dates (55g)
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts (35g)
- 1/2 cup puffed wheat or puffed rice (9g)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (45g)
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- pinch pure stevia, or 1 1/2 tbsp sugar of choice
Adapted from chocolatecoveredkatie.com
(makes 8-10 bars)
Preheat oven to 325 F and line an 8-in square baking pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl, stir together the applesauce and chocolate hazelnut spread until smooth. Stir in the vanilla, then set the bowl aside.
In a food processor, combine the dried fruit and hazelnuts until they form fine crumbles. Pour into a large mixing bowl and stir together with all remaining dry ingredients.
Add the nutella mixture and stir until evenly combined, then smooth into the prepared baking pan and cover with another sheet of parchment paper. Press down VERY firmly.
Bake 26 minutes, then allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing into bars. Frost with more chocolate hazelnut spread if desired.