Cauliflower and Carrot Gratin
Prep Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 1 Hr
Makes: 14 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1 bag (16 oz) ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 1 head (about 2 1/2 lb) Green Giant® fresh cauliflower, cut into florets (6 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1/2 cups milk6 oz (about 8 slices) American cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Progresso® panko crispy bread crumbs
1 Heat oven to 350°F.
Spray 2 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
2 In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 8 cups water to boiling. Add carrots; boil uncovered 10 minutes. Add cauliflower; boil 4 minutes longer. Drain; set aside.
3 Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Cook onion in butter about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in flour, salt and mustard with whisk; cook about 1 minute or until bubbly. Slowly stir in milk. Cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in carrots and cauliflower. Pour into casserole.
4 In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 3 tablespoons butter on High 1 minute or until melted; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture. 5 Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.