Rocky Road Fudge Bars
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened, reserving 2 oz. for frosting
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts1 (6-oz.) pkg.
- (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- Reserved cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- NOTE: YOU MAY SUBSTITUTE 3 TBSP. UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER AND 1 TBSP. MARGARINE OR BUTTER FOR EACH OUNCE OF UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan.
1. In large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup margarine and 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in 1 cup flour and all remaining base ingredients; mix well.
Spread in greased and floured pan.
2 In small bowl, combine 6 oz. of the cream cheese, 1/4 cup margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 egg; beat 1 minute at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Stir in 1/4 cup nuts. Spread over chocolate mixture; sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips.
3 Bake at 350°F. for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 2 minutes.
4 While marshmallows are baking, in large saucepan, combine 1/4 cup margarine, milk, 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate and reserved 2 oz. cream cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
Immediately pour frosting over puffed marshmallows and lightly swirl with knife to marble. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.