Spicy Asian Shrimp Lettuce Cups
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 Tbs. Sriracha sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head butter or boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup soy sauce for drizzling
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces thin rice noodles
Preparation time 70mins
Cooking time 90mins
1In a sealable plastic bag, combine the shrimp, 2 Tbs. oil, sriracha sauce and garlic. Seal and toss bag to coat the shrimp. Marinate at least 1 hour in the fridge.
2Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer and sear on one side for 2 minutes; flip and sear 30 more seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
3To the pan, add the last Tbs. oil and add the diced red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
4Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a sauce pan and cook the rice noodles until soft, 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
5In each lettuce cup, start with the rice noodles. Then add the red pepper, followed by the carrots. Add 3 or 4 shrimp per cup and garnish with scallions and cilantro.
6Drizzle a little bit of soy sauce into each one. Have napkins handy.
You'll also love
- Roasted corn and chicken stew... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Marshmallow Popcorn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Lobster 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab au Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Bread Stuffing with Baby... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skewered Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HOT ARTICOKE AND SPINACH DIP 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Fire Roasted Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)