Spiced Chicken with Couscous Salad
Real Simple, June 2010
Hands-on Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 ⁄4 cup couscous
- 3/4 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 pound snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from realsimple.com
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the paprika, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
2. Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
3. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup hot tap water, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
4. Add the tomatoes, snap peas, basil, lemon zest and juice, remaining oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to couscous. Toss to combine.
5. Slice the chicken and serve with the couscous.