Crockpot Pulled Pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt + pepper
- 1 5 lb boneless pork butt roast, quartered and trimmed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce + extra for serving
1. Combine sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and 1/2 tsp salt in bowl. Using fork prick pork all over. Ruby sugar mixture all over, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or zip lock bad and refrigerate, 8 to 24 hours. Unwrap pork and place in slow cooker.
2. Spread barbecue sauce evenly over pork, cover and cook until tender, 9 to 11 hours on low, 5 to 7 hours on high.
3. Transfer pork to large bowl and let cook slightly. Shred into bite sized pieces, discarding excess fat. Cover to keep warm.
4. Toss shredded pork with 1 cup braising liquid. Serve with barbecue sauce.