Pork and Beef Barbecue
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat or pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 14 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce and tomatoes, optional
In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in beef, pork, green peppers and onions. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks. Return to the slow cooker. Serve on rolls with lettuce and chopped tomatoes if desired.
Yield: 14 servings.