Roasted Apples and Parsnips
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 pounds Fuji apples, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Preheat oven to 475°. Toss together all ingredients. Arrange in a single layer in a lightly greased 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan.
2. Bake at 475° on an oven rack one-third down from top of oven, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until tender and browned. Garnish, if desired.