Fresh Corn Casserole with Red Bell Peppers and Jalapenos
Casserole side dish
- 8 ears corn (still in the husk) 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 fresh jalapenos, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 stick salted butter, cut into pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the corn from the husks. In a large, deep bowl, slice off the kernels of corn with a sharp knife. Turn the knife to the dull side and scrape the cob all the way down to remove all the bits of kernel and creamy milk inside. (I do this inside the bowl because it goes everywhere if you cut it on a board.)
Add the red bell peppers, jalapenos, heavy cream, milk, salt to taste, a generous amount of pepper and butter and mix it well.
Pour into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Bake until thoroughly warmed through, 30 to 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Claw Bars (Rita Peach) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mandarin Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Kuchen Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant Poblano 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach-Stuffed Shells Alfredo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chi Chi's Sweet corn cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southern-Style Corned Beef and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bell Pepper Rajas 0/5 (0 Votes)