Grilled Bacon and Herb Grit Cakes
- 4 cups hot cooked instant grits
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh or
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Preparation time 11mins
Cooking time 36mins
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Pour the grits into a 10-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray, spreading evenly. Cover and chill 1 hour or until completely cool.
Invert grits onto a cutting board; cut into 4 squares. Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles.
Place grits triangles on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and thoroughly heated.