Gnocchi Mac n' Cheese
- 1 pound purchased or homemade gnocchi
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Basil leaves for garnish, optional (I chopped fresh basil and added it in to my cheese sauce)
Adapted from flickr.com
Preheat oven to 375. Prepare gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and place gnocchi in a single-layer in a 1-1/2 quart shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour until it thickens and bubbles, then whisk in milk and Dijon. Continue to whisk mixture and cook until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
Combine Gruyere and fontina, then add by the handful to milk mixture, stirring until melted before adding the next handful. Once all cheese is melted, season sauce with salt and pepper.
Pour sauce over gnocchi and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano over top. Bake gnocchi until they puff and the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Let gnocchi rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato and Mushroom Alfredo... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Tilapia Stuffed with Crabmeat 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Fleming's Steakhouse Chipotle... 4.1/5 (65 Votes)
- Thai Fried Rice Noodles with... 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Gnocchi & Sausage in Red Sauce 4.3/5 (26 Votes)