Risotto with Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash
- 7 to 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine (room temp)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven at 400, lightly brush squash with oil and place face down on baking sheet and bake for 35-40 mins. Remove and let cool. Puree in blender or food processor.
In a saucepan, bring stock to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add onion and saute until softened (4mins). Add the rice and stir until coated with oil (3mins). Add wine and stir until completely absorbed.
Add the stock one ladleful at a time, stirring frequently after each addition. Wait until the stock is completely absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Reserve 1/4 cup of stock at the end.
When the rice is tender (20mins) stir in squash puree. Cook to heat through, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and reserved stock. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (886 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)