Grilled Steak with Pepper Relish
202 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono ); 42 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 365 mg sodium; 454 mg potassium.
- 3 small red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 pound sirloin steak, or strip steak (1-1 1/4 inches thick), trimmed and cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Preheat grill to medium.
2. Combine bell peppers, onion, vinegar, oil, capers, 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 3/4 teaspoon dried) and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Stack two 30-inch-long pieces of foil. Arrange the pepper mixture on one half and fold the foil. Tightly seal the packet by crimping and folding the edges together.
4. Sprinkle both sides of steak with garlic powder, the remaining thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
5. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Place the steak and foil packet on the grill. Grill the steak about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, 5 minutes per side for medium. Grill the packet until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes. Serve the steak with the peppers.