Spinach and Ricotta Quiche
- 1 sheet (half of a 17.3-oz. pkg.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 6 cups (half of an 11-oz. pkg.) baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 lb. italian sausage links, casings removed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. grainy mustard
- 1 small head green-leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Press the puff pastry into a 9-inch glass pie plate; trim the excess. Prick the bottom all over with a fork, line with parchment and fill with dried beans (or pie weights). Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Remove the parchment and beans; transfer the pan to a rack to cool. Leave the oven on, but lower the temperature to 350°.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 1 minute. Season lightly with salt, then drain in a colander. Add 1 tbsp. EVOO and the sausage to the skillet; cook over medium-high heat, breaking the meat up with a spoon, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Spread the sausage and spinach in the pie shell. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta and cream; pour into the shell. Bake until the eggs are set and the crust is golden, about 35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO and the mustard; season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and toss. Serve with the quiche.