Pumpkin Apple Gingerbread Cake
- Hard sauce:
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin
- 1 cup (1 large) Granny Smith apple peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup molasses
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan.
Combine flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in bowl. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs two at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin, apple and molasses. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake 55-60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 min; invert onto serving platter. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Serve warm with Hard sauce.
Beat butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar until fluffy.
You'll also love
- Maple Roasted Parsnips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hamburger Noodle Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Onion Flat Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Watermelon Vinaigrette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry and Pear Tarte 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini with Edamame and Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- William Tell's Never-Miss Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Fritters 0/5 (0 Votes)