Tropical Fruit Salad
3 WWpts per serving
Makes 7, 1 cup servings
- 20-ounce can pineapple chunks canned in juice
- 2 kiwi, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 papaya or mango, peeled and cubed (or substitute an 11-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest or peel 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
1. Drain pineapple chunks, and reserve 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice.
2. Add pineapple chunks, kiwi, strawberries, banana, and papaya or mango to large serving bowl.
3. Put 1/4 cup pineapple juice, lime peel, lime juice and honey in a 2-cup measure and whisk together until nicely blended. Drizzle over the salad, and toss to coat the fruits well. Sprinkle coconut over the top before serving, if desired.