Grilled Chicken with Chipotle-Orange Glaze
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate , thawed
- 1.5 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (see Note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , trimmed of fat (8 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat grill or broiler to high. Lightly oil the rack.
Whisk orange juice concentrate, chiles, vinegar, molasses and mustard in a small bowl.
Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill or broil the chicken for 2 minutes. Turn the chicken, brush with the chipotle-orange glaze, and cook, brushing occasionally with more of the glaze, 4 minutes more. Turn the chicken again, brush with the glaze, and cook until no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 5 minutes more.
Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapenos packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Health Advantages: healthy weight.
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per serving
Calories: 152 cal Carbohydrate Servings: 12
Carbohydrates: 7 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Cholesterol: 63 mg
Fat: 3 g Sodium: 251 mg Saturated Fat: 1 g
Protein: 23 g Potassium: 302 mg Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 very lean meat
You'll also love
- Lobster Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic and Honey grilled baby back... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Almond Macaroons 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb Apple Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Roasted Potatoes and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LEMON THYME RUB 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)