Best Carrot Muffins
These carrot muffins are the best! Moist, pleasantly spiced and full of carrots, raisins, walnut and coconut. I love them with a cup of tea in the afternoon. If you’re looking to cut a bit of fat from these, you can substitute 1/2 cup applesauce for a 1/2 cup of the oil
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup angel flake coconut
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line with paper liners, 12 regular sized muffin cups.
Combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the carrots, raisins, walnuts, coconut, apple, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined well (avoid over-mixing).
Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Jalapeno Poppers 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Luscious Lemon Cream Cheese Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Artichokes with Creamy... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Burger Sliders (or Mini Man... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Beer Bread & Creamy Herb Dip 3.9/5 (30 Votes)
- Gluten Free Oat Flour Carrot Cake... 3.9/5 (9 Votes)