Crockpot Ramen and Pork Soup
- 2 minced onions
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 9.5 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced thin
- 3 lbs boneless country style pork ribs, trimmed
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 packs ramen noodles, seasoning discarded
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions sliced thin
1. Microwave onions, garlic and oil in bowl, stirring occasionally until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Stir broth and mushrooms into slow cooker. Season pork with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker. Cover and cook until pork is tend, 6 to 8 hours on low, 5 to 7 hours on high.
3. Transfer pork to cutting board, let cool slightly and shred into bite sized pieces. Add noodles and spinach, cover and cook on high until noodles are tender, 3 to 8 minutes.
4. Add pork, miso, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil. Serve with scallions.