Double Berry Cake
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 150mins
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
2. Mix the berries and toss with the flour, set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat the butter and the sugar for approx 5 minutes, until light colored and creamy.
4. Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl, add to to the butter mixture in 2 additions, alternating with milk.
5. Stir the berries into the batter and pour into a greased 9/13 pan.
6. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. When cool cut into squares.