Granola with Pecans
- In a large bowl, combine:
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar *
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup **
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- ADD...stir to coat well:
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Diabetic Substitutes:
- (*) 1/8 cup Equal-brown sugar Mix
- (**) 1/2 cup Dietetic Maple Syrup
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 300 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds.
Lightly coat two rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
Divide mixture between sheets.
Bake 30 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
Rotate sheets and shift top to bottom of oven.
Let cool completely on sheets.
1. Store in airtight containers, up to 3 weeks.
2. If diabetic leave out this step.
Stir in after completely cooled, if desired:
1 cup mixed dried fruit, cranberries, raisins or chocolate chips.