- 1 pound of beef boneless sirloin or round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger root
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 or 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1. Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef lengthwise into 2 inch strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/8 inch slices. Stack slices and cut lengthwise into thin strips. Toss beef, 1 tablespoon of oil, the cornstarch, salt, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sugar and white pepper in a medium glass or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate 30 min.
2. Cut green onions diagonally into 2 inch pieces. Cut bell pepper into 1/8 inch strips.
3. Heat wok until very hot. Add 1/4 cup oil; tilt walk to coat side. Add beef, add ginger root and garlic; stirfry 3 min. or until the beef is browned. Add bell pepper, carrot and chili paste; stirfry 1 min. Stirring green onions and 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce; stirfry 30 seconds.