Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 min
Fat 12 G
Fiber 4 G
- 6 large bell peppers ( any color)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 TBSPs chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
1) Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so that they stand up straight. In 4 quart Dutch oven, add enough water to cover peppers. Heat to boiling; add peppers. Cook about 5 minutes; drain.
2) In 10 inch skillet, cook beef and onion over med heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. stir in rice, salt, garlic and 1 cup of tomato sauce; cook until hot.
3) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
4) Stuf peppers with beef mixture. Stand peppers upright in ungreased 8 inch square baking dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
5) Cover tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.