Bacon & Baked Potato Soup
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 baking potatoes, baked, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 8 slices of Bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Cheddar CLASSIC MELTS Cheddar & American, divided
- 1 green onion, sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
MELT butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Add next 4 ingredients; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Slightly crush potatoes with back of spoon. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., stirring frequently.
RESERVE 2 Tbsp. each bacon and cheese and 1 Tbsp. green onions; set aside. Add remaining bacon, cheese and green onions to soup; cook until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
SERVE topped with reserved bacon, cheese, green onions and sour cream.