Chicken Rice Asparagus Cassorole
- 2 (6 ounce) packages broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ( 12 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, diced into thirds
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 25 stalks
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (half and half is an option)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 - 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into halves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 11mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large casserole dish, mix together the 2 packages of rice, chicken broth, cream of mushroom, mushrooms, olives, onion, cream, and white wine. Stir until all is mixed well.
Place chicken breasts into the casserole dish and mix ingredients over the chicken.
Place asparagus stalks across the casserole dish, making sure the stalks are coated in the mixture and remain on top.
Cover dish and bake for an hour and a half at 350 degrees.
Serve chicken with rice and asparagus as sides.