Bush's Red, White and Bean Minestrone
I was told it tastes like Olive Garden! The original recipe is for a slow cooker but I usually use a stock pot and cook the zucchini a little longer.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup Italian turkey sausage, cut into small pieces
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 can (16oz) chopped canned tomatoes
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 can Cannellini beans in liquid
- 1 can Red Kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups baby spinich
- 1 cup cooked small pasta
- 2 T pre-packaged pesto
- 2 T grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil, brown sausage.
2. Add tomato paste, cook 5 minutes to brown.
3. Add onion, celery, garlic, carrots and oregano. Cook 5 min.
4. Pour into 4 quart slow cooker. Add tomatoes and chicken stock.
5. Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours. (or in stock pot on low for 1 hr)
6. Stir in beans, zucchini, spinach and cooked pasta. Cook on high for 10 min or until beans and pasta are warmed and spinach has wilted.
7. pour the soup in bowls and top with pesto and parmesan cheese.