Chicken Marabella II
- 5 lbs. deboned, skinned chicken breasts or chicken wings (for appetizer)
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled & finely pureed
- 1/8 c. oregano
- Coarse salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. pitted prunes
- 1/4 c. pitted Spanish green olives
- 1/4 c. capers with a bit of juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 c. brown sugar (may need a little more)
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1/8 c. Italian parsley, finely chopped
I usually add a bit more than the recipe calls for.
1. In large bowl, combine chicken, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and juice and bay leaves. Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Arrange chicken in a single layer in 1 or 2 large shallow baking pans and spoon marinate over (olives, prunes, capers, too). Sprinkle chicken with brown sugar. Pour white wine over.
4. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequently with pan juices.
5. With slotted spoon, transfer chicken, prunes, olives, capers to a serving platter. Moisten with a few spoonfuls of pan juices and sprinkle with parsley. Pass remaining juices in a sauceboat. About 10 portions