Lemon Icebox Pie
- 1 1/2 cups Nilla Wafers, crushed (about 50 cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
1. Crush Nilla Wafers using a food processor or by placing the cookies in a zip top bag and using a rolling pin.
2. Combine the cookie crumbs with 1 stick of melted butter.
3. Press into the bottom and sides of a glass pie dish to form the crust.
4. Separate your eggs with whites in one bowl and yolks in another.
5. Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Pour into crust.
6. Beat the egg whites until white and frothy.
7. Add sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form. (Soft peaks are when the meringue is thick, but still soft enough that the peaks bend.)
8. Spread meringue on top of filling being sure to cover entire pie to the crust with meringue.
9. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 15 minutes.