Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet
So easy and quick to make!!! Smells delightful!
not too shabby in the nutrient category too.
Can increase water to 3/4C and use uncooked instant white rice if desired.
Would make a good breakfast burrito also.
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil or less
- ■ 1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- ■ 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- ■ 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- ■ 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained or Ro-Tel and add 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 C water if needed
- ■ 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ■ 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 276 276
1.Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add beans, undrained tomatoes, rice and water if needed. Cook on low til heated through.
Remove from heat.
Sprinkle with cheese.
If Ro-Tel is not used, add cayenne or some heat.
You'll also love
- Easy Potato Salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Duck Breasts with Citrus Port... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pinto Beans Cowgirl Style 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Asian Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Zucchini Asiago 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Black Bean Chicken... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)