- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 /c c. (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. mild-flavored molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 c. chilled heavy cream
- 1 Tbl powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. lemon curd
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
1. preheat oven to 250. coat 8x8 pan with cooking spray. line bottom with parchment paper. Spray paper.
2. Whisk flour and next 5 ingredients in small bowl
3. in larger bowl put cut butter in . Add 1/2 c. boiling water and whisk until melted. Wisk in sugar and next 3 ingredients. add dry ingredients and whisk to blend. Transfer to pan.
4. bake until tester inserted in the middle comes otu clean. Approximately 20 minutes.
5. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a rack. LEt cool. Remove parchment.
1. Beat cream and sugar until peaks form. Fold in lemon curd, leaving swirls. spread over cake. garnish with zest.