Apple-Jack Chicken Pizza with Carmelized Onions
- 3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 2 large sweet onions (such as Maui or Walla Walla), very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 unpeeled large Red Delicious apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup cooked real bacon bits (from 3-oz package)2medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
Adapted from pillsbury.com
In 12-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add sweet onions and thyme; cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove onions from skillet; set aside. 2 Heat oven to 425°F. Spray large cookie sheet with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet; press dough into 14x10-inch rectangle. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. 3 Meanwhile, in same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add apple and sugar; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar is melted and apple is slightly soft. 4 Spread onion mixture over partially baked crust. Top evenly with chicken, apple mixture, bacon, green onions and cheeses. 5 Bake 10 to 20 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted and crust is golden brown.
1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 450(Calories from Fat 190),Total Fat 21g(Saturated Fat 12g,Trans Fat 1/2g),Cholesterol 100mg;Sodium 890mg;Total Carbohydrate 32g(Dietary Fiber 1g,Sugars 9g),Protein 32g;Percent Daily Value*:Vitamin A 10.00%;Vitamin C 4.00%;Calcium 25.00%;Iron 15.00%;Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch;0 Fruit;1/2 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;1 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;3 1/2 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;2 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:2;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.