- 4 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 C torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
1. Preheat broiler. In a small bowl combine eggs and pepper, set aside.
2. In a 10-inch skillet with flared sides, heat oil over medium heat. Add spinach. cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or unil spinach starts to wilt.
3. Pour eggs over spinach. cook over medium heat. As mixrture sets, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting till egg mixture is nearly set (surface will be moist). Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Place the skillet under broiler 4 to 5 inches from the heat. broil about 1 minute or just until the top is set and cheese is melted. Run spatula around edge of sklillet to loosen frittata. Slide onto a serving plate and season with salt, if you like.
NUTRITION: 292 Cal., 441 mg. chol. 1 g fiber, 21 gg protein