Creamy Burrito Casserole
Great Mexican dish that is easy to prepare ahead of time and pop in the oven when you get home. I like to serve it with extra hot sauce and sour cream.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 to 3 cups shredded taco cheese, or cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
- jarred hot sauce, if desired to spice it up
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground meat and onion in a skillet at medium heat; drain. Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
Mix soup and sour cream in a separate bowl. Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
Tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture. Put 1/2 the meat bean mixture over that. Add a layer of cheese. You could put some hot sauce on this now. Repeat the layers.
Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.