- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh or frozen okra cut in circles
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
* 1. Heat oil in heavy skillet, just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet good. In bowl mix flour, salt and pepper.
* 2. Coarsely chop okra.
* 3. Add onion and okra toss to coat.
* 4. In small bowl mix together egg and buttermilk and add to okra mixture and stir just until combined.
* 5. Drop batter in med hot skillet in about 1/4 cup mound and then flatten the okra mound with a spatula and fry until golden brown. Usually takes about 4 to 5 minutes per side, if browning to quickly may need to lower the heat, turn only once.
* 6. drain on paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt. makes about 10 fritters. can dip in a dipping sauce of your choice.