- 1-1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Pd Pure Lard (optional) or Crisco
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp. Anise (optional) if using us the seed form
- 2 Small glasses of wine (optional) or Brandy(optional)
- you can also use milk---just enough to bring the
- dough together
- 6 Cups of flour --Wheat and regular flour
Cream the shortening. Add the sugar, and cream well.
Add eggs and Anise and continue to cream.
Sift dry ingredients and mix with all the creamed items.
Add the wine or whatever liquid you have selected and
knead the dough. Roll out on floured board and cut
Make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar in a bowl, mix
together in a bowl.
When you have cut out the cookie, place the cookie
face down into the cinnamon and sugar mixture and
place it on to the cookie sheet----do not grease the
the cookie sheet.
Bake to 10---to---15 minutes until brown.
Set the oven at 350 degrees.