Pumpkin Pie Polenta
Pumpkin pie-flavored breakfast polenta.
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup 1% milk, preferably organic
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup stone-ground corn grits/polenta, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- maple syrup, for serving
- chopped toasted pecans, for serving, optional
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 15mins
Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan set over medium heat. Swirl butter in saucepan until lightly browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add in the water and milk; bring to a low boil. Stir in the grits and salt; reduce heat to simmer. Cook grits over low heat until thick and creamy, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
Stir the pumpkin puree into the grits until well-combined and warmed through. Stir in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
Serve hot, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with chopped toasted nuts, if using.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (without maple syrup & pecans):
281.9 calories, 7.7 grams fat, 4.4 grams saturated fat, 4.5 grams fiber, 17.6 grams sugar, 8.2 grams protein
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)