Do you want to treat someone special to a great dinner? This dish is just the thing.
- 1 1/2 pound Basic Pasta Dough cut into Fettucine
- or 1 pound Dry Fettuccine Pasta
- 8 tablespoon Unsalted Butter cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano plus extra to garnish
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Grappa to taste (optional)
If you are cutting your own pasta, dust it with semolina flour first.
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 2 tablespoons salt. Cook the fettuccine in the boiling water until tender, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and place in a large warmed bowl.
Add the butter, the oil, parmigiano and grappa (optional) and toss until the butter and cheese have melted, adding a splash or two of the pasta cooking water if necessary to loosen the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.