Goat Cheese and Beet Ravioli
This dish is perfectly balanced because of the beets' earthy flavor and the mild tart flavor of the cheese. Try if for yourself.
- 1 large red beet (6 to 8 ounces) scrubbed
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1 small egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound Wonton Wrappers
For the Filling:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Wrap the beet in heavy-duty aluminum foil, place in a shallow pan, and roast until fork-tender, 45 minutes. Remove and let cool. Peel the beet, cut it into small chunks, and puree in food processor along with the goat cheese, egg, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the filling into a pastry bag.
For the ravioli:
Lay a wonton wrapper on work service. Brush edge of wonton wrapper with water, then top with 1 tablespoon beet filling. Place another wonton wrapper on top of filling, then press the edges together with a fork. Set aside. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
NOTE: Michael likes to use a spray bottle to apply the water.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in the ravioli, quickly return to a boil, and cook until tender yet firm, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving the pasta water.
Just before the pasta is done, ladle 1 cup pasta water into a large sauté pan. Add the chopped tarragon and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the butter, ONE PIECE AT A TIME, whisking until melted before adding the next piece. Continue until the butter is incorporated and the sauce is creamy. Slide the drained ravioli into the warm sauce. Toss gently until the sauce is creamy, adding more pasta water as needed.
Divide among warm pasta bowls and garnish with Parmesan and tarragon. Add a few grindings of black pepper if you like.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Turkey Meatballs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LINGUINE WITH SCALLOPS, BACON AND... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pickled Beets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fake 'Em Out Ravioli Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- spinach ravioli and italian tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)