Pork Roast & Vegetable Stew
Simmer Pork Roast and Vegetable Stew nice and slow to let the classic herb flavors mix and mingle. The bounty of vegetables makes this stew a complete meal.
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (26-ounce) jar traditional pasta sauce, or 3 1/4 cups homemade sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup packaged peeled fresh baby carrots, halved
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled (Optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Trim fat from pork. Discard fat. Cut pork in 1- to 2-inch pieces.
In a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, cook pork, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
Add butter to pan. Add celery, onion, chives, parsley, basil, dill weed, and black pepper; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add pasta sauce, tomatoes, corn, carrots, potatoes, and browned pork to onion mixture. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 1-1/2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt.
You'll also love
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos in Tomato Broth 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Nachos with Chicken and Black Beans 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage & Pepperoni Baked Spaghetti 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Australian Lamb Loin with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fajita Pork Sandwiches 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pan Fried Pork Chops 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Giada's Chocolate-Hazelnut Cookies 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Charlotte Johnson's Microwaved... 4/5 (1 Votes)