Crunchy Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Shake of pepper
- 4 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Handful of raw sugar snap peas
1. In a small bowl, beat egg and water.
2. Place panko, Italian seasoning, and pepper in separate dishes.
3. Coat cheese sticks in flour, then dip in egg mixture and the 3 bowls.
4. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
5. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes, until warm, then run under the broiler quickly to brown.
6. Cool before serving. Serve with snap peas.