Baked Bread Brie Bowl
- 1 Clove Fresh Garlic (peeled and cut in half)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Loaf Sourdough Round (1 Pound)
- 8 – 12 Ounces Brie Cheese (triple cream is the best)
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
Cut 1/4 of the top off of the bread loaf. Tear out the inside bread from the loaf. Tear into 1 inch pieces and set aside into a serving bowl. Leave a 1 inch thickness to walls of the bread loaf.
Rub the cut side of the garlic clove all over the inside of the hollowed out bread bowl. Brush 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the inside of the hollowed out loaf.
Cube the brie into 1 inch pieces. You can remove the rind or leave it on. (To remove the rind without losing a lot of cheese, use a piece of unflavored dental floss. Hold both ends of the floss and run it just underneath the rind and pull all the way through.)
Fill the bread with the cubes of brie. Sprinkle the Herbs de Provence and pepper over the cheese.
Cover the bread bowl with the lid that was previously cut.
Brush the outside of the loaf with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Wrap the filled bread bowl with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Remove from oven. Take the bread bowl out of the foil, remove the lid and serve with the bread pieces.
You'll also love
- Spinach and Brie Chicken with... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe