Pumpkin Smores Cake
Can't wait to make this.
- for pumpkin-graham cracker chiffon:
- Pumpkin S'mores Cake
- makes one 3-layer 8" cake
- 225 gr graham crackers (preferably homemade), finely ground
- 1 cup (200gr) sugar
- 1 Tbspn baking powder
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- 1/2 tspn allspice
- 1/4 tspn ground nutmeg
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (~170gr) pumpkin puree
- 6 Tbspn vegetable oil
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 7 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 Tbspn sugar (additional)
- 1 . Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare three 8" spring-form cake pans. Do not grease. If desired, use even-bake strips.
- 2 . Sift together the ground graham crackers, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- 3 . Whisk to combine the egg yolks, pumpkin puree, oil, and vanilla extract together. Add in the dry ingredients and stir together.
- 4 . In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks, gradually adding the remaining 2 Tbspn sugar.
- 5 . Stir 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter, then fold in the remaining egg whites just until there are no streaks left.
- 6 . Divide the batter amongst the three cake pans and bake for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out cleanly. Remove from oven and invert the pans to cool upside-down on wire racks.
- 7 . When cool, run a knife around the edge of the cake pans to remove the cakes.
- for toasted marshmallow filling:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup (200 gr) sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbspn light corn syrup
- 5 Tbspn water
- 1/4 tspn cream of tartar
- 1/8 tspn salt
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- for dark chocolate ganache:
- 9 oz. dark chocolate (at least 60+%), chopped
- 7.5 oz. heavy cream
- 3 Tbspn butter
1. In a double boiler over boiling water, combine the egg whites, sugar, corn syrup, water, cream of tartar, and salt. Whisk for 6-8 minutes over heat, until a meringue forms.
2. Remove from heat and continue whisking, gradually adding in the vanilla extract, until the meringue is cool and very thick.
3. Spread the meringue in a thin layer on a baking sheet and, using a blow torch or under a hot broiler, toast the surface of the meringue until brown. Return to the bowl and whisk until cool. Use immediately
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)