Penne with Chorizo and Tomatoes
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1/4 c slivered almonds
- 6 oz cured chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 c grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c small pitted black olives
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 c low sodium chicken broth
- 2 T white wine
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil
Cook penne according to pkg instructions. Drain; set aside. Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, cook slivered almonds 4 min, or until lightly toasted and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet.
In same skillet over med heat, cook sliced chorizo 3 min or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, black olives and garlic. Cook 1 min stirring. Add chicken broth, white wine and white balsamic vinegar. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 min.
Add cooked penne to skillet; toss gently to coat. Season mixture with cracked black pepper, if desired. Stir in toasted almonds and fresh basil.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)