Penne with Chorizo and Tomatoes
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1/4 c slivered almonds
- 6 oz cured chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 c grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c small pitted black olives
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 c low sodium chicken broth
- 2 T white wine
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil
Cook penne according to pkg instructions. Drain; set aside. Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, cook slivered almonds 4 min, or until lightly toasted and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet.
In same skillet over med heat, cook sliced chorizo 3 min or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, black olives and garlic. Cook 1 min stirring. Add chicken broth, white wine and white balsamic vinegar. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 min.
Add cooked penne to skillet; toss gently to coat. Season mixture with cracked black pepper, if desired. Stir in toasted almonds and fresh basil.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Hearty Beef Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Potato Soup (Slow Cooker) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- buttermilk fried chicken tenders 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Tangy Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir Fried Pasta Primavera 0/5 (0 Votes)