Orange Ginger Glazed Cornish Hen
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) Cornish hens, skinned and halved
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 44mins
Preheat oven to 475°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add to juice mixture in pan, stirring with a whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until thick and glossy, stirring constantly.
Place hen halves, meaty sides up, on a foil-lined jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle hen halves with salt and ground ginger. Spoon juice mixture evenly over hen halves.
Insert a meat thermometer into meaty part of a thigh, making sure not to touch bone. Bake at 475° for 25 minutes or until the thermometer registers 180°.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Soup (The Chew) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Double lemon spritz cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cherry Coke BBQ Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Kopp's Canteen Pumpkin Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crawfish Cornbread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fornetti's Roast Turkey Sandwich 5/5 (1 Votes)
- PORK TENDERLOIN WITH GARLIC AND... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- No Bake orange Cheesecake 5/5 (1 Votes)