Orange Ginger Glazed Cornish Hen
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) Cornish hens, skinned and halved
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 44mins
Preheat oven to 475°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add to juice mixture in pan, stirring with a whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until thick and glossy, stirring constantly.
Place hen halves, meaty sides up, on a foil-lined jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle hen halves with salt and ground ginger. Spoon juice mixture evenly over hen halves.
Insert a meat thermometer into meaty part of a thigh, making sure not to touch bone. Bake at 475° for 25 minutes or until the thermometer registers 180°.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (279 Votes)