BUTTERNUT SQUASH BAKE
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 8 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from TASTEOFHOME.COM
•Place squash in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until very
tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl; mash squash.
•In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, egg, sugar, salt and
pepper; add to the squash and mix well.
•Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs,
cheese and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
for 30-40 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 245 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium,
© Taste of Home 2014
2 of 2
Creamy Butternut Squash Bake (continued)
Nutritional Facts: 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)