Beef Fillet Stanley
This is from Brennan's, New Orlean's. Sounds weird, but delicious.
- Horseradish Sauce:
- 8 8 4 beef filet's (8oz. each) halved or just serve 4 oz. per person
- to and pepper to taste
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup butter
- 8 8 8 bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 16 16 16 Holland Rusks (zwieback toast like bread)
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup horseradish sauce (recipe follows
- 2 2 2 cups red wine and mushroom sauce, (recipe follows)
- 2 2 1/4 2 2 cream, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper,1/4 teaspoon salt,1/4 teaspoon butter 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoon horseradish.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Wine sauce; In lg. saucepan melt butter. Add onion and saute till tender;
Stir in tomato paste, mushrooms and paprika. Cook till mushrooms are tender, add flour, stir till well blended, using a wire whisk, whisk in beef stock. When smooth add scallions, worchestershire, wine and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer about 25 min.
Horseradish sauce: In med. saucepan, combine 2 c. cream, peper and salt. Cook over med. heat(do not let cream reach a boil. Blend butter and flour together and form a small ball. Add butter ball to simmering cream. Cook till sauce is smooth;add horseradish. Serve warm.
Make sauces before starting steaks.
Steaks,Prepare grill or broiler. Sprinkle halved steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook to desired doneness.
In lg. skillet, melt butter and saute sliced bananas until lightly browned (about 4 min. per side)
Putting it together; Place bread in center of plates, Arrange a slice of banana on either side of the breads, near edge of plate. Spoon horseradish sauce between bananas and breads. Place steaks on bread and top with the red wine sauce.