- ■1 pie crust I used store bought to save time.
- ■5 pieces bacon, broken in chunks
- ■1 tablespoon canola oil
- ■1 sweet onion
- ■4 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- ■1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid
- ■4 eggs
- ■2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ■1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ■(optional) red pepper flakes for an extra kick
- ■1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Adapted from chocolateandcarrots.com
1.Preheat the oven to 350F.
2.Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
3.Sauté the onions in the canola oil until tender.
4.Add in the mushrooms and cook until tender and slightly caramelized.
5.In a large bowl, combine the bacon chunks, onions and mushrooms, and spinach.
6.In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, heavy cream, and pepper.
7.Pour the egg mixture into the vegetable mixture.
8.Stir and pour into the pre-baked pie crust.
9.Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the top.
10.Reduce the oven temperature to 325F.
11.Bake for about 30 minutes, or until no longer giggly.
12.For a browned cheese, broil just until light brown.
13.Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.