Herbed Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 lb turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (14 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed 99% fat-free cream of chicken soup with 30% less sodium
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 24mins
Adapted from eatbetteramerica.com
1. In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Stir in turkey. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is brown. Stir in celery, carrot and onion. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain.
2. In 3- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix turkey mixture and remaining ingredients except soup.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
4. Stir in soup. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 15 minutes longer or until mixture is hot.