Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Burgers
These chicken teriyaki burgers are low in fat and a great alternative to ground beef burgers. If you have teriyaki sauce on hand, this works fine. One day I discovered I didn’t have teriyaki sauce, so I improvised and I was very happy with the flavor of my own sauce.
For more pictures, please visit my foodblog:
“A Feast For The Eyes”
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari sauce, or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced.
- 2 packages of ground chicken (almost 2 pounds)
- 1/2 red onion, finely minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used stale bread in my food processor)
- Tamari-Teriyaki Sauce, reserving about 1/2 of the sauce for basting
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a medium size bowl. Reserve half of the teriyaki sauce to baste on the burgers.
Mix all other ingredients together, for six patties and grill.
For a garnish, try grilling six fresh pineapple rings.
You'll also love
- Cheese Tortellini Soup w/... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Spring Pasta 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken & Tortilla Soup 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Christmas Maple Fudge 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Baked Red Velvet Donuts 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken Fried Rice 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed... 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Easy Country-Style BBQ Ribs 4.2/5 (35 Votes)