- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- two 9'' round pie crusts
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon warm water
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Stir together sugar, lemon juice, zest, and cornstarch until just blended. Fold in berries gently until they are covered with the lemon mixture.
Line a pie pan with one of the crusts, and spoon berry filling into the pan. Cover with second crust, and crimp the edges together.
Whisk together egg yolk and water in a small bowl. Brush the top of the pie with the egg wash using a pastry brush, and cut slits into the top of the pie. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the berries are bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, or just enjoy it plain.
You'll also love
- Avgolemono Soup (Frugal Gourmet) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Stir Fried Beef in Spicy Hunan... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Broccoli and Parsnip Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Desserts - Weight Watchers Banana... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry Rhubarb Crisp 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Flummery 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blackberry-Goat Cheese Oatmeal 0/5 (0 Votes)